DON'T MISS A NEW LISTING AGAIN!
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES
* Pedestrian yielding $77 fine
* Handicapped parking $185
* Child seating for under age 6 $97 fine
* Speeding tickets cost $4/mile over + $47 fee
* Radar detectors $62
* Window tinting $77
* Neon lighting $77
* Open container $72
* Owners of all vehicles garaged in the City of Charlottesville on January 1st are required to purchase and display a City decal on or before midnight January 31st. The decals cost $28.50 for cars and $33.50 for trucks (usually trucks over 4,000 pounds), $8.50 for motorcycles, and various fees for boats and trailers.
* Owners of all vehicles garaged in Albemarle County (excluding City of Charlottesville residents) requires a $25 - $30 decal (varies depending upon weight) every January 31st.
* Within 30 days of arrival to the state of Virginia, you must apply for a Virginia driver's license and obtain state registration for your vehicle through the DMV. Also within 30 days, your vehicle must get a state safety inspection from any private garage offering the regulated service - it always costs $15 for cars and $5 for motorcycles + the cost of repairs.
* Virginia's State Code allows a right turn at a red light after stopping.
* If your windshiled wipers are on, your lights must be on.
* You have to buy an annual license and show that your dog's rabies vaccination is up-to-date. City of Charlottesville is $5 for unsexed dogs, with $7 for unspayed and unneutered. Albemarle County is $3 for spayed or neutered and $5 for those that are not.
* In both Charlottesville and Albemarle County, voice control of your dog is sufficicient in most areas, but certain subdivisions may have tougher rules.
* In the City, you're subject to a fine if you let your weeds grow over 18 inches tall, enforced by the zoning department.
* In residential areas of the City, the 10pm - 6am noise limit is 55 decibels (for about the level of loud talking).
* A city ordinance requires all citizens to remove snow from the sidewalks along their property within 6 hours of a snowfall, with a grace period until noon if the snow falls at night or on Sunday.
Email LindaWiller@remax.net for daily updates of new properties on the market in your price range!